Transportation Technical Planning Position On-Site at TxDOT
High Street Consulting Group
Austin, TX United States
Immediate - Transportation Technical Planning Position On-Site at TxDOT
Are you interested in leveraging your transportation planning, technical writing and analytical skills to help improve transportation decision making? If so, High Street could be the place for you! There’s room to grow your career within the company. Join our team and play a key role in helping our transportation agency clients prepare for the future.
High Street is a growing 20+ person transportation planning, policy, and analytics consulting firm seeking a transportation technical planning expert for a full-time position that requires a combination of analytical, project management, and writing skills. The new hire will support transportation planning, programming, and policy work for a range of federal, state, and local/regional transportation agencies, but will primarily work with the Texas Department of Transportation at their offices in Austin, Texas.
New hire will support planning, programming, and policy work for a range of Federal, state, and MPO clients. The right candidate must have:
1. Experience cleaning and assessing large datasets with a spatial component, and conducting statistical analysis with R, Python, or a similar programming language
2. A strong interest in evaluating performance impacts of transportation investments
3. Demonstrated technical writing ability
4. Critical thinking regarding the implications your analysis may have on transportation policies
In addition, the new hire will serve as the firm’s on-site liaison working, working directly with the client at the TxDOT offices. The position is located full-time at the TxDOT offices in Austin, Texas.
• A master’s or doctoral degree in transportation planning, civil or transportation engineering, public policy, or a similar field
• Must possess permanent U.S. work authorization
• Experience evaluating transportation project impacts with respect to but not limited to safety, mobility, and asset preservation performance measures
• Project a professional image through mature communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven track record prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly and succinctly
• Experience visualizing data in charts, graphs and maps
• Transportation asset management and transportation planning experience
• R or Python and GIS scripting skills (required)
• Demonstrated technical writing capability
LOCATION & TRAVEL
This position will be on-site at the Texas Department of Transportation offices in Austin, Texas with potential for occasional travel other client offices.
The position will pay compensation in the range of $60,000 to $90,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A professional resume
• A half page cover letter demonstrating your qualifications and interest in this position
• A recent work sample of an analytical report and data visualization