City of Angleton
Angleton, TX United States
Under the general direction of the City Manager, the Planner assists in planning, organizing, managing, and providing general direction and oversight for the planning activities for the City of Angleton including current, long-term, and environmental planning activities; assists in coordinating assigned activities with other City departments, divisions, outside agencies, and the public; fosters cooperative working relationships among City departments, divisions, and with intergovernmental and regulatory agencies, and various public and private groups; provides highly responsible and complex professional assistance to the City Manager in areas of expertise, and performs related work as required. Supervises the Development Services Department.
To perform this position successfully, an individual(s) must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor's degree in Urban Planning, Community Development, or related field, AICP (American Institute of Certified Planners) Degree preferred.
RELATABLE WORK EXPERIENCE
• At least three years of municipal planning experience; prior experience with public sector preferred.
• Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in Urban Planning at the local level, either in the public or the private sector.
• Additional relevant work experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above knowledge; skills and education requirements may be substituted in lieu of specific education requirements.
TRAINING (LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATION)
• Texas Class C driver’s license in good standing.
• Membership in American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) and/or American Planning Association (APA).