City of Mansfield
Mansfield, TX United States
Under general direction of the Director of Planning, provide support to professional planning staff through research, receiving, processing and reviewing development applications and researching property records relating to the permitting and development process, preparation of development cases and exhibits, gather data, review permits and assist the public with planning and development information and application processes. Position is highly visible involving constant contact with the general public. Contact may deal with sensitive and confidential issues or matters that are the subject of conflict and/or disagreement thus requiring considerable judgment and tactfulness.
EXAMPLES OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED:
- Perform a variety of technical tasks including reviewing concept plans, development plans, plats and other development submittal documents and preparing staff reports.
- Assist the general public, developers, contractors, engineers, and realtors with submitting development and planning applications; and answer questions regarding property development and zoning restrictions.
- Assist in researching, organizing and analyzing data for ordinance amendments; prepare correspondence and presentations, as assigned; and review, evaluate and prepare written reports and studies.
- Creates and maintains project case files; reviews development applications and prepares comments for the development review process.
- Create graphs, charts, maps, plans and other graphic exhibits; and photograph sites and surrounding properties.
- Prepare public hearing notices and determine individuals to be notified.
- Maintain and update records and files.
- Review building permits to ensure compliance with zoning regulations.
- Attend some evening meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.