HALFF ASSOCIATES, INC
RICHARDSON, TX United States
Halff Associates Inc., is seeking to immediately hire a Senior Planner for their Houston, Texas office. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of planners, landscape architects, and other support experts on a wide variety of planning efforts with public and private entities ranging from comprehensive plan preparation; parks, recreation, and trails planning; active transportation planning; downtown and corridor planning; urban design and land planning efforts.
The responsibilities of the Senior Planner position will include project management and leadership of public engagement, plan development, technical report writing and document production, and computer-generated maps and graphic elements needed to convey the concepts and ideas generated in each planning effort. In addition, the candidate will periodically participate in business development activities and represent the firm.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary environment to help client communities proactively plan and design for their future.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in community/urban planning, urban design, landscape architecture or a closely related field; advanced degree a plus;
- 8-10+ years of experience in a planning capacity;
- Project management experience;
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and highly motivated;
- Strong technical writing skills;
- Demonstrated abilities in facilitating community meetings;
- Knowledge of computer programs (GIS, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office programs) and the ability to produce attractive maps, graphics, and documents; and,
- Ability to travel periodically to client jurisdictions.
- Experience in both the public and private sector; and,
- AICP and/or other certifications/professional registrations from our allied professions (PLA, AIA, CNU-A, LEED-ND, etc.).
Commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates who meet or exceed the above qualifications are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume, and writing/graphic samples of recent work. If collaborative work is shown, credit team members and note your role where applicable.
Halff Associates is a unique, employee-owned, regional consulting firm that has provided full-service engineering, planning, landscape architecture, architecture, and related land development services for decades. We are committed to continually investing in our employees, fostering a culture of collaboration, and delivering unwaveringly high-quality results for our clients. Our passion is providing smarter solutions with a distinctly human touch for everyone we serve. We improve lives and communities by turning ideas into reality. Halff continues to be ranked by Engineering News-Record as one of the top firms in Texas and Louisiana, winning the following awards in 2020:
- Award: Top 500 Design Firms (No. 106); Engineering News-Record
- Award: Top Design Firms (No. 14); Engineering News-Record Texas & Louisiana
- Award: 2020 Hot Firm; Zweig Group
- Award: 2020 Best Firms to Work For; Zweig Group
14800 St. Mary’s Lane, Suite 160
Houston, TX 77079-2943
Denise Sims, Human Resources Recruiter
1201 N Bowser Rd
Richardson, TX 75081-2275
Direct: (214) 346-6355