Sr. City Planner
City of Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi, TX United States
We welcome and appreciate your interest in employment with the City of Corpus Christi. We are an equal opportunity employer; no information obtained during the recruitment/selection process is intended for any discriminatory purposes.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $52,942 - $86,753 Annually (Dependent on Qualifications) Department: Development Services
ATTENDANCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS: Non-rotating 40-hour work week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Must be available to work additional hours as needed.
Who May Apply?
All persons legally authorized to work in the United States
The Senior City Planner operates assists the development community and property owners in achieving compliance with current development regulations and processes applications for rezoning, subdivision plats, and specific use permits. Provides and reviews amendments to the Unified Development Code and assists Land Development with special projects as needed. Provides information to the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Adjustment, Landmark Commission and City Council.
- Research, review, report and present rezoning cases, subdivision plat applications, and zoning text amendments to Planning Commission.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to citizens, contractors, departments and management.
- Receive and respond to citizen’s complaints regarding zoning violations, platting, historic preservation, demographics, comprehensive planning, field investigations, and other planning related development issues that provide and support Land Development.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned job tasks by supervising and evaluating the ordinance administration team.
- Assist Director by coordinating related items presented to Planning Commission, City Council, and internal staff, including reviewing agenda items and documents.
- Serve as liaison to the Zoning Board of Adjustments and Landmark Commission by preparing agenda items, conducting public hearings, writing grants for preservation funding opportunities, coordinating preservations issues between the local and state level and serving on the Texas Historical Commission’s National Registry Board.
- Provide development information to the public; review 200 ft radius map for notices to be mailed to neighboring property owners.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree preferred in Planning, Architecture, Public Administration
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience
- ICC Zoning Inspector certification required within twelve (12) months of hire
- A combination of education and pertinent experience will be considered
- American Institute of Certified Planner is preferred
- A valid driver's license is required. Successful out of state candidates must be able to obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 90 days of hire
The City offers an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Texas Municipal Retirement System – TMRS is a required retirement plan for all full-time employees.
- Each employee automatically contributes 7% of their total compensation. The City will match employee contributions 2 to 1 during retirement.
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Vacation – 88+ hours per year
- Personal leave – 40 hours per year
- Sick leave – 96 hours per year
- Voluntary 457b deferred compensation plan
- Eight (8) Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- City Employee Health & Wellness Clinic & City Employee Fitness Center
- Learning & Development Academy
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
Basis of Rating
Application review and the City may also conduct additional skill assessment tests, in addition to the panel interview.
- Selected applicants must be able to pass a background investigation and a pre-employment drug test.
- Any position that lists a minimum qualification for education level and/or license/certification will require the applicant to provide proof of documentation if selected for hire into the position with the City of Corpus Christi.
- In the event of an emergency, employees are required to work to provide for the safety and well-being of the public, including the delivery and restoration of vital services.
Job opening will close on:
Open Until Filled For information contact: TinaB@cctexas.com