City of Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi, TX United States
We welcome and appreciate your interest in employment with the City of Corpus Christi. We are an equal opportunity employer; no information obtained during the recruitment/selection process is intended for any discriminatory purposes.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $48,020 - $78,687 Annually (Dependent on Qualifications) Department: Development Services
ATTENDANCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS: Non-rotating 40-hour work week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Must be available to work additional hours as needed.
Who May Apply?
All persons legally authorized to work in the United States
The Development Coordinator will assist the customer through the entire development process, from zoning to certificate of occupancy for all projects within the City of Corpus Christi.
- Facilitate internal and external stakeholders through the development process and support the economic development of the City.
- Assist with special projects to assist the department with continued development facilitation to include researching, analyzing, and presenting findings.
- Facilitate meetings between staff, customers, and other internal departments to ensure the applicants understanding of all code and ordinance requirements adopted by the City.
- Ensure that project reviews stay within the City’s performance timeliness by working across department to ensure tasks are completed efficiently.
- Perform completeness check and plan reviews for development applications/permits.
- Develop a formal knowledge of the development process including platting, zoning, public improvements, plan review, inspections, and certificate of occupancy to provide quality control oversight on all projects.
- Provide technical guidance to Development Services staff and all stakeholders.
- Develop working knowledge of all City Development codes, ordinances, etc. to provide a quality control oversight on all assigned projects.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience
- A combination of education and pertinent experience may be considered
- ICC Commercial and Residential Plans Examiner certifications within eighteen (18) months of hire
- A valid driver's license is required. Successful out of state candidates must be able to obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 90 days of hire
The City offers an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Texas Municipal Retirement System – TMRS is a required retirement plan for all full-time employees. Each employee automatically contributes 7% of their total compensation. The City will match employee contributions 2 to 1 during retirement.
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Vacation – 88+ hours per year
- Personal leave – 40 hours per year
- Sick leave – 96 hours per year
- Voluntary 457b deferred compensation plan
- Eight (8) Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- City Employee Health & Wellness Clinic & City Employee Fitness Center
- Learning & Development Academy
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
Basis of Rating
Application review and the City may also conduct additional skill assessment tests, in addition to the panel interview.
- Selected applicants must be able to pass a background investigation and a pre-employment drug test.
- Any position that lists a minimum qualification for education level and/or license/certification will require the applicant to provide proof of documentation if selected for hire into the position with the City of Corpus Christi.
- In the event of an emergency, employees are required to work to provide for the safety and well-being of the public, including the delivery and restoration of vital services.
Job opening will close on:
September 24, 2021