Planning Officer (Affordable Housing)
City of Austin - Development Services
Austin, TX United States
The Development Services Department (DSD) assists homeowners, business owners, and contractors when they build, demolish, remodel or perform any type of construction to ensure compliance with applicable city and building codes.
In an effort to support the City of Austin’s affordability goals, DSD is seeking a Planning Officer to support affordable housing projects through the development process. This position is a part of DSD’s Stakeholder and Community Engagement Unit. The individual selected for this position will work collaboratively with affordable housing applicants and all City departments and agencies that contribute to development review to ensure projects move quickly and smoothly through the process. This position will also be responsible for collecting and analyzing data to identify service gaps and opportunities for improvement, and for providing public presentations to audiences that include the affordable housing community, City boards and commissions, and the Austin City Council. Information about additional responsibilities is included in the Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities section above.
Application Deadline: 12/02/2021
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Planning, Geography, Social Science, Landscape Architecture, or in a field related to the job, plus seven (7) years of related experience in planning, two (2) years of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity.
- Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid Texas Class C Drivers License.
- Experience working with a broad range of stakeholder groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience with delivering public presentations
- Experience with collecting and analyzing data