City of Baytown
Baytown, TX United States
Baytown is a growing community with a population of approximately 82,000 situated on the north side of Galveston Bay. As a full-service municipal government our purpose is simple – Together we enrich lives and build community.
Our employees are dedicated to public service through Caring, Innovation, Collaboration, Leadership and Stewardship, and we are looking for a qualified candidate who shares our values to join our team in the role of Planner II.
The Planner II is responsible for case management of major land development applications, under the supervision of the Current Planning Manager. The Planner II position is also responsible for the review and analysis of subdivision plats, zoning changes, and text amendments. This includes reviewing commercial and residential permits along with being able to read and review construction and engineering plans. The additional responsibilities of this position consist of working in conjunction with the other planners on comprehensive planning projects independently or in support of the ongoing long-range and special projects relating to annexation, code amendments, land use plans, and economic development programs.
To apply, complete an online application at www.Baytown.org.
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, landscape architecture, architecture, engineering, or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Three years related experience in urban design and/or urban planning or closely related field.
- Familiar with permit tracking software and Microsoft Office suite and Adobe products.
- Strong customer service skills, ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and situations.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Experience in Geographic Information System a plus.
- Master’s degree in planning, landscape architecture, architecture, engineering, or related field from an accredited university.
- AICP Certification.