City of Lancaster
Lancaster, TX United States
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Assists with customer inquiries and requests.
- Reviews site plans and zoning permit applications to assure compliance with requirements such as use, bulk, placement, and parking ratios.
- Performs routine office tasks in designated program areas, including data entry, file management, copying and answering the telephone.
- Prepares for public meetings by creating documents for meetings, agendas, sign in sheets, etc., reserving venues, and assisting with facilitating the meetings.
- Handles GIS projects including data analysis necessary for plan preparation and implementation.
- Assists the City Planner in implementation of Comprehensive Plan such as through research, site visits and documentation, GIS projects, and additional administrative tasks.
- Assists with general office and clerical duties including departmental correspondence, updating logs, data entry, and maintaining files and records. Completes work assignments through use of spreadsheets, reports and other forms of information. Maintains file systems of various files/records for the division.
- Conducts surveys and demographic studies to gather required information; maintains a collection of social, economic, environmental and regulatory databases.
- Prepares statistical tabulations and computations, charts and presentations for planning projects as needed.
- Assists with special projects, including collecting data, analyzing results, preparing various reports and illustrative materials.
- Conducts special research for various Planning projects including conducting field work and collecting existing condition data.
- Assists the City Planner with community meetings, including evening meetings.
Requires at a minimum the completion of an associate’s degree in public administration, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), urban planning, architecture, construction management, social sciences, or related field. A bachelor's degree is preferred and may substitute for two years of experience.