City of Garland
Garland, TX United States
Responsible for providing technical, administrative and customer service support to the development process.
Essential Job Functions
- Respond to inquiries from public in regards to the development process.
- Create and maintain development case files including review of initial application for accuracy and completeness.
- Create and distribute technical review packet, prepare summary information and agendas.
- Track status of development cases. Maintain case logs, document and archive actions related to case files.
- Update and maintain official zoning map through GIS application.
- Prepare property owner lists and maps for case notification, planning reports and special projects.
- Assign and maintain street addresses and respond to citizen inquiries.
- Assist with research, data collection and field surveys.
- Assist with administrative support as needed.
- May assist with technical plan review as needed.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
Associates Degree in Business, GIS Certificate, or Developmental Review Certificate, or two years of college work.
2 years related work experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
2-4 years experience in GIS applications, mapping information, database management or similar
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Basic knowledge of Development Planning maps, processes, and methods
Basic knowledge of City policies and ordinances related to the development process.
Skill in utilizing software such as Desktop Publishing and Geographic Information Systems (GIS), which is intended for planning applications
Intermediate skill in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word)
Licenses & Certifications
Valid Class C Texas driver's license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in a typical office environment; relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Light lifting may be required. May be exposed unpleasant environmental conditions due to occasional outside work.
Models Organizational Values
Work Environment Safety