City of Fort Worth
Fort Worth, TX United States
The City of Fort Worth is searching for a dynamic and effective Planner to complete professional long-range planning and strategic implementation projects in the Planning Division of the Planning & Data Analytics Department. The Planner position works with a talented team on comprehensive planning, specific area planning, strategic investment planning, and similar long-range planning and strategic implementation efforts.
The Planning Division prepares long-range and strategic plans for the city’s growth and development, while also serving as a key focal point for plan implementation. The Division prepares and updates the City’s Comprehensive Plan; conducts long-range planning for Transit-Oriented Development and other target urban areas; implements Fort Worth’s Urban Village Development Program; coordinates City implementation of the Trinity River Vision and Panther Island projects; and supports open space, watershed, public art, and other specific area planning and implementation, including urban design, form-based code development, and streetscape improvement projects.
In addition to developing long-range plans for the city’s growth and development, the Planning Division works with a variety of City departments and other stakeholders to help coordinate capital projects planning and implementation, including supporting the City’s Capital Improvement Plan. The Planning & Data Analytics Department works to ensure that long-range plans are implemented through strategic capital investments, effective City budgeting, and implementation performance monitoring.
Examples of projects that may be assigned to this position include:
- Analyzing and integrating land use, environmental, and transportation planning information for a variety of plans and projects.
- Preparing and updating the City’s Comprehensive Plan and special purpose, strategic, or specific area plans.
- Working with stakeholders and community groups to develop neighborhood plans.
- Planning for Urban Villages and Transit-Oriented Development areas around passenger rail stations.
- Conducting special GIS or data analysis projects.
- Assisting in public participation processes associated with planning projects and strategic planning projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform long-range and strategic planning assignments related to comprehensive and specific area planning, including gathering, analyzing and reporting on pertinent social, economic and physical data relevant to planning activities.
- Provide staff assistance to Senior Planners and management on department and planning policy issues.
- Represent the department at meetings with other departments, outside agencies, organizations, and community groups.
- Prepare and evaluate plans and written reports with recommendations.
- Create presentations.
The following education and experience are the minimum standards which provide the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Urban or Regional Planning, GIS, Urban Geography, Public Administration, Civil Engineering, or a related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in city planning with an emphasis on long-range planning.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Masters Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Urban or Regional Planning, GIS, Urban Geography, Public Administration, Data Analytics, Civil Engineering, or a related field.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in planning with an emphasis on long-range city planning, GIS, and/or municipal data analytics.
- Excellent ArcGIS and data analysis skills.
- Significant experience in long-range planning, including compelling work on municipal comprehensive plans, area plans, and/or urban design for walkable urban districts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of land use, environmental, and/or transportation planning, together with demographic and economic research methods and tools, data analytics, capital projects/CIP planning, and/or urban design.
- Excellent writing skills; graphic document layout and/or graphic design skills; data analysis skills; and project management skills.
- Experience in analyzing and reporting on statistical and/or budget data, return on public investment and/or fiscal impact analysis, maps and/or graphic planning information.
- Knowledge and experience in preparing spatial and statistical analyses to evaluate return on public investment.
- Adept at establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders and staff.
- Proficiency in standard MS Office software is expected, as is working familiarity with GIS and/or the document design software Adobe Creative Suite.
- Membership/certification from APA/AICP, GISP, CNU-A, or an equivalent professional organization is a plus.
Hiring Range: $55,997 - $72,796/year dependent upon education, experience, and demonstrated results.
Apply at: https://grnh.se/67baa2e03us