Manager - Area Redevelopment
City of Dallas
Dallas, TX United States
OPENING DATE: 01/29/23
CLOSING DATE: 02/11/23
The Manager-Area Redevelopment provides extensive and knowledgeable information about the City to establish relationships with developers and promote the development of affordable housing. Effectively administers housing programs through the support and communication with management and the public.
The Area Redevelopment Manager provides extensive and knowledgeable information about the City of Dallas to establish relationships with key community stakeholders, and internal departments to develop and promote affordable housing across the City. The Manager will have a passion for neighborhoods and effectively administer housing programs and initiatives through the support and communication with management and the public.
1 Manages, monitors, and communicates the effective development strategies and programs; serves as a point of contact for specific areas of the City providing information, direction, and support for redevelopment activities and operations.
2 Assigns, delegates, and manages workload for service area team; provides technical guidance for DHAP, HIPP, general development, and other auxiliary projects that support the directives of the housing department; uses knowledge of specific areas to facilitate effective relationships and encourage development activities to promote the City.
3 Plans, implements, coordinates, monitors compliance, and evaluates policies and procedures; performs hiring, interviewing, and staff performance review; manages and facilitates positive interaction with developers and underwriters.
4 Reviews and oversees work schedules of others all subordinate levels; establishes short-, mid- and long-term goals and objectives; develops and/or approves schedules, priorities, and standards for achieving goals; and directs evaluation activities.
5 Oversees the preparation of presentations, contracts, and other information for management; compiles and confirms proposed projects and housing needs through the Dallas City Council for a specific service area; works and communicates with housing, finance, and other departments to identify and promote redevelopment options for the City.
6 Provides technical guidance to staff performing customer service, community events, area meetings, and communication with various constituents; conducts and performs extensive meetings to convey goals and objectives, monitor activities, and facilitate and promote area redevelopment initiatives.
7 Performs any and all other work as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, business administration, urban planning, or real estate field.
- Five (5) years of professional level administrative experience in housing / community development programs.
- Three (3) years supervisory or project management experience which included budget development and financial analysis.
- High school diploma or GED plus nine (9) years of the required experience including three (3) years of supervisory/management responsibilities will meet the education and experience requirements.
- Associate degree in any field plus seven (7) years of the required experience including three (3) years of supervisory/management responsibilities will meet the education and experience requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a non-specified field plus seven (7) years of the required experience including three (3) years of supervisory/management responsibilities will meet the education and experience requirements.
- Master's degree or higher in a specified field plus three (3) years of the required experience including three (3) years of supervisory/management responsibilities will meet the education and experience requirements.
LICENSE(S) and/or CERTIFICATION(S):
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Knowledge of local politics and housing issues is a plus.
Note: Ideal candidate will be accustomed to a fast-paced environment. Federal grant funding is used for most projects; meeting expenditure and commitment deadlines for funding is critical. Communication with key stakeholders is expected and critical to the success of this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1 Knowledge of real estate transactions, acquisition and financing.
2 Knowledge of City Housing department and initiatives.
3 Knowledge of construction management and real estate development processes.
4 Knowledge of urban planning and community development.
5 Ability to facilitate real estate transactions.
6 Ability to manage and maintain professional files and documents.
7 Ability to manage and oversee staff performing community outreach and related housing and real estate activities.
8 Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
9 Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
The salary listed on this job posting is the starting salary range; amount offered will depend upon qualifications.
For evaluation purposes, acceptable qualifying experience for all positions must have been in a paid capacity unless noted otherwise in the minimum qualifications for the posted position.
Additionally, 30+ hours per week will be counted as full-time employment and will receive full credit for the amount of time employed. A minimum of 15 through 29 work hours per week will be counted as part-time employment and will receive half credit for the amount of time employed.