Principal Community/Urban Planner
Plano, TX United States
Olsson Studio delivers a boutique creative design experience to our clients and our people, backed by the expertise and resources of our whole company.
As a Principal Community/Urban Planner within our North Dallas Studio, you will provide overall technical support to the planning team by serving as lead staff member and advisor on complex projects; you will develop community master plans, comprehensive plans, land use plans, economic plans, and strategic plans. You will mentor staff, pursue and secure work, develop client relationships, present at meetings, hearings and workshops, participate and lead community engagement activities, provide business development, and leadership for the team.
- Often serves as lead staff member on complex projects and provides high-level technical design.
- Elevates the level of technical expertise within the team through technical design mentoring and training.
- Leads the effort for putting together technical resources for the team and its projects.
- May supervise/direct professionals and technical staff in the design approach to meet other project requirements.
- Reviews contracts with support of administration.
- Promotes efficiencies in producing quality work.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
- Empowering others to use their talents
- Pursuing and working on projects that you want to work on.
You bring to the team:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Strong project management skills
- Passion for continued learning and expertise development
- An established professional network
- Proven track record in winning projects and providing excellent client service
- Leadership and growing a planning team
- Bachelor’s degree in planning or closely related field required, with a Master’s degree in planning or closely related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the consulting industry
- Certified Planner (AICP) preferred
- At least 4 years of experience supervising technical personnel
As an Olsson Studio employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.