Plano, TX United States
Olsson Studio delivers a boutique creative design experience to our clients and our people, backed by the expertise and resources of our whole company.
As a Community/Urban Planner within our Plano Studio, you will apply diversified principles and practices in broad areas of assignments with minimal supervision. The project planner’s work requires a mastery of specialized techniques or ingenuity when selecting and evaluating solutions to unforeseen or novel problems. The project planner applies analytical solutions to a wide variety of problems and assimilates details and their significance toward various analyses. The project planner may supervise planners, technicians, and interns.
- Develops community master plans, comprehensive plans, and strategic plans.
- Facilitates public meetings and conducts technical research.
- Prepares design and contract documents and handles contract documents, and handles contract administration for planning projects.
- Assists project managers with management tasks including the development of the project’s scope of work, the project’s schedule, and the completion of the project’s initial paperwork.
- Assists with budget reviews and schedules progress reports.
- Coordinates with clients and attends client meetings.
- Assists with marketing/business development and may help write proposals.
- May serve as project manager on small to medium projects.
- Trains others on more complex work.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
- Empowering others to use their talents
- Pursuing and working on projects that you want to work on.
You bring to the team:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Strong project management skills
- Passion for continued learning and expertise development
- An established professional network
- Proven track record in winning projects and providing excellent client service
- Bachelor’s degree in in urban planning, architecture, public policy, or a related area of study. Minimum of 6 years of experience in planning or a closely related field.
- Certified Planner (AICP) preferred
As an Olsson Studio employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.