Planner II/Senior Planner
City of Georgetown
Georgetown, TX United States
Under minimal supervision, performs supervisory, complex and professional level work with discretion in the fields of planning and development services for the City’s Planning Department. May exercise direct supervision over assigned staff.
- Reviews, manages and processes complex current planning requests/projects in conformance with the Comprehensive Plan, Unified Development Code, and other adopted plans, studies, and development standards.
- Researches, interprets, and explains codes and ordinance application to specific projects, properties, or situations.
- Coordinates communication between applicant, City, and County departments for review comments; provides recommendations on how to address review comments.
- Prepares written reports and makes presentations to boards, commissions, committees, and the City Council.
- Provides technical support to boards, commissions and committees, and other special call meetings.
- Responds to complex questions from citizens, management, City officials and others, and provides assistance.
- Facilitates requests for pre-application and pre-submittal meetings.
- Oversees the preparation and reproduction of publications and educational materials issued by the Department.
- Plans, organizes and conducts neighborhood meetings, training sessions, and other outreach efforts. Speaks as City representative before public groups.
- Assists with special projects related to code revisions, manual updates, process review, and research to discover patterns and/or discrepancies.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates assigned staff members.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists with long-range planning and historic preservation efforts, as needed.
- Provides direct professional support to the Planning Manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience LevelMid II (4-8 years)
SpecialtyComprehensive or Long-Range Planning
Salary Range$56,434.04 to $74,256