AICP Exam Prep and Workshops
To become a certified planner, entitled to use the AICP designation, American Planning Association (APA) members must meet certain education and experience requirements and pass a written examination. The AICP Certification Exam is given twice each year, in May and November. The first step is to complete and submit an application and the exam fee by a specified deadline (typically 5 to 6 months in advance of the testing window). Once your application is accepted, you may register to take the exam. Information about the AICP process can be found at https://www.planning.org/certification/.
2020 AICP Prep Workshops
November Testing Window 2020
- Saturdays TBA in July and August 2020, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Austin, Arlington and Houston, free of charg
- Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 12:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. with Dr. Jennifer Cowley in El Paso; $60
Texas APA - AICP Study Materials
- Cracking the AICP 2014 - TSU
- 2016 Preparing for the AICP Exam - Texas APA
- Cracking the AICP 2011 - NCTAPA
- AICP Prep Training - APA Texas
- AICP Test Taking Skills - APA Florida
- AICP Exam Outline - APA National
- AICP Practice Questions - Jennifer Evans-Cowley, PhD, AICP
- AICP Code of Ethics
- AICP Ethics Quiz
- AICP Ethics Quiz Answers - APA Florida (Answer Key)
Other materials not specifically endorsed by the Chapter or APA:
CPC Study Manual
A good place to start is the APA's Chapter Presidents Council's CPC Study Manual. The purpose of this self-study manual is to help review basic planning concepts and to practice skills that are necessary for taking a multiple-choice test. To order your copy, please send a request with a $20.00 check payable to APA Texas. Send to Mike McAnelly, Texas APA Executive Administrator, 9629 Fallbrook Drive, Dallas, Texas 75243.
Florida APA - Treasure Coast Section AICP Resources
The Treasure Coast Section of the APA Florida Chapter has prepared an AICP Exam Study Links page with information about the exam. The page includes exam study links from other APA Chapters.