Who we are Texas Chapter: Y'all means all!
The Texas Chapter of the American Planning Association (APATX) represents public and private sector planners, planning academics and students, elected officials, and citizen planners in the great state of Texas.
March 30-31: TexasPlans Legislative and Advocacy Summit Texas Planners Head to Austin
The APA-Texas Chapter is hosting its first ever Legislative and Advocacy Summit in conjunction with Planners' Day at the State Capitol. Topics from this Summit were selected based on feedback from the Chapter's legislative priority survey.
As planners, we must advocate for stronger communities by engaging on local, state, and federal legislative issues that affect planning. While the Texas Legislature is not currently in session, it is important for Chapter members to stay engaged and use this time to connect with legislative staff to share the stories of exemplary planning that have resulted in stronger and healthier communities. The Chapter is preparing for a strong and effective presence during the 87th Texas Legislature in 2021, and we need your help.
Prepare for the AICP Exam Upcoming Workshop Dates
- Saturday, February 1: San Antonio (Free)
- Saturday, February 8, 2020, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Austin; free of charge
- Saturday, February 15, 2020, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Houston, free of charge
- Saturday, February 29, 2020, 11:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Lubbock; free of charge
- Saturday, March 7, 2020, 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in Mc Allen, free of charge
- Saturday, March 28, 2020, 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with Dr. Jennifer Cowley at UT Arlington; $60 - CANCELLED
- Saturday, March 28, 2020, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Virtual Workshop with Richard Luedke, AICP
- Saturdays TBA in July and August 2020, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Austin, Arlington and Houston, free of charg
- Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 12:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. with Dr. Jennifer Cowley in El Paso; $60