AICP’s Certification Maintenance (CM) program helps planners gain the knowledge and skills they need to remain current in the practice of planning. In addition to CM credits available through the American Planning Association (APA) National Conference and on-demand webinars, the Texas Chapter hosts or sponsors local events throughout the year that provide CM credits for planners with AICP designation.
CM-eligible Events in Texas
- APA’s National Planning Conference is the best place to fulfill your CM credits each year, if you’re lucky enough to be able to attend.
- Start your search for CM events through the APA CM Search Events are usually in-person events, though also include webinars and on demand session. Includes both free and registration fee-based events.
- APA periodically posts a limited number of free, on-demand CM events online that may be added to your CM log.
- APA recently launched APA Learn as an online resource for CM credits through recorded sessions and webinars and interactive courses. Cost: $20 per credit hour for APA members.
- The Ohio State Chapter’s Planning Webcast Series organizes free, live webcasts from APA chapters and divisions throughout the year.
Contact the Chapter’s Professional Development Officer at [email] to ask about approving your event for CM credits.