Great Places in Texas
Texas is Great, Y'all
We all have places in Texas dear to our heart. That's why we have created the Great Places in Texas Program, our state's own rendition of the American Planning Association's Great Places in America program.
Great Places in Texas recognizes the Lone Star’s Great Places – neighborhoods, streets, and public spaces – and celebrates how planning has played a vital role where we live, work, and play. The program promotes and recognizes great places while celebrating stories of exemplary planning that have resulted in stronger and healthier communities.
The Call for Applications for the 2024 Great Places is OPEN through February 1st!
Announcing your 2023 Great Places in Texas!
- Midwest Section - Mule Alley - Fort Worth
- Central Section - Alliance Children’s Garden at Michael Butler Park at Town Lake Metro Park - Austin
- East Section - Downtown Courthouse Square - Texarkana
- Midwest Section - South Main Street and Dallas Road - Grapevine
- North Central Section - Old Town Lewisville
- Northwest Section - Downtown Canyon
Telling Your Story
The Chapter is excited to announce the partnership with Chet Garner, creator, executive producer, writer, editor and host of “The Daytripper” to assist in increasing the exposure of Great Places in Texas - and to tell the planning story. The Daytripper is a 7-time Lone Star Emmy Award winning travel show airing on PBS and highlights the culture, outdoors and food of a single tourist destination or area. Chet was a keynote speaker fo the Texas Chapter Conference in 2017. CLICK HERE to watch Chet's presentation at the Chapter conference.