5/11/23 Bills Summary
PASSED THE HOUSE 5/11
HB 1492/SB 543 by Ordaz - Oppose? - Relating to the conveyance of property by a municipality for the public purpose of economic development. (Postponed until 5/10) Senate version is almost out of House committee.
HB 4930/SB 1860 by Craddick - Oppose - Relating to the adoption of a climate policy in a municipal charter.
HB 2211/SB 784 by Landgraf - Oppose - Relating to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state to regulate greenhouse gas emissions in this state and the express preemption of local regulation of those emissions. (96-43)
HB 3135 by Stucky - Oppose - Relating to the review, adoption, and modification of land development regulations by municipalities, counties, and certain special districts. (81-44)
HB 3591 by Shaheen - Oppose? - Relating to the allocation of low income housing tax credit.(123-8)
SET FOR THE HOUSE FLOOR BUT DID NOT PASS
HB 3826 by Toth - Support - Relating to the time for processing a municipal building permit application.
HB 3859 by Leo-Wilson - Oppose?/Support?- Relating to the approval of beach access and use plans by the commissioner of the General Land Office.
HB 4275 by Rogers - Oppose - Relating to territory in an emergency services district that is annexed by a municipality.
HB 1855 by Goodwin - Support - Relating to the designation of highway safety corridors; increasing a fine.
HB 2131 by Raymond - Support - Relating to the administration of the homeless housing and services program by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs.
HB 3921 by Goldman - Oppose - Relating to size and density requirements for residential lots in certain municipalities; authorizing a fee.
HB 4108 by Guillen - Oppose - Relating to subdivision plat requirements.
SET FOR SENATE HEARING
SB 2037 by Bettencourt - Oppose - Relating to the regulation of platting and subdivisions of land by a municipality or county. Set for hearing in Senate Local Government on Tuesday 5/16.
HB 3558 by Perez - Support - Relating to the operation of a motor vehicle at an intersection with a stop sign. Set for hearing in Senate Transportation on Wednesday 5/17.
- Texas Legislature online - https://capitol.texas.gov/ (Has all links)
- Bill Lookup by number- https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/BillNumber.aspx
- House Committees with links to member information - https://capitol.texas.gov/Committees/CommitteesMbrs.aspx?Chamber=H
- Senate Committees with links to member information – https://capitol.texas.gov/Committees/CommitteesMbrs.aspx?Chamber=S
- Committee meeting calendars and agendas - https://capitol.texas.gov/MnuCommittees.aspx
- House and Senate calendars - https://capitol.texas.gov/MnuCalendars.aspx
- Click here to find your legislator's contact information!