5/4/23 Bills Summary
PASSED THE HOUSE FLOOR TODAY
HB 5 by Hunter - Support - Relating to agreements authorizing a limitation on taxable value on certain property to provide for the creation of jobs and the generation of state and local tax revenue; authorizing fees; authorizing a penalty. (118-22)
HB 2198 by Hefner - Oppose - Relating to building height restrictions in certain municipalities. (Postponed, SB 491 is out of committee)
HB 2265 by Leach - Oppose? - Relating to the award of compensatory damages caused by certain delays under governmental construction contracts.
HB 3297 by Harris - Oppose - Relating to the elimination of regular mandatory vehicle safety inspections for noncommercial vehicles and the imposition of replacement fees. (96-39)
SET FOR THE HOUSE FLOOR TOMORROW 5/5
HB 2402 by Moody - Neutral - Relating to the eligibility of certain at-risk developments to receive low income housing tax credits.
HB 2956 by Shine - Support - Relating to municipal annexation of an area adjacent to contiguous or connecting railroad rights-of-way.
SET FOR LOCAL AND CONSENT CALENDAR SAT 5/6
HB 2232 by Spiller - Neutral - Relating to county authority to cancel subdivisions in the extraterritorial jurisdiction of a municipality.
HB 3558 by Perez - Support - Relating to the operation of a motor vehicle at an intersection with a stop sign.
HB 4285 by Rogers - Oppose - Relating to enforceability of municipal prohibitions of outdoor signs in the municipality's extraterritorial jurisdiction.
SENT TO CALENDARS TODAYNone
SENT TO LOCAL & CONSENT CALENDAR TODAY
SCHEDULED FOR HOUSE HEARING
SB 2440 by Perry - Support - Relating to requiring certain plats for the subdivision of land to include proof of groundwater supply. Scheduled for hearing in House Natural Resources on Tuesday, 5/9.
PASSED THE SENATE TODAY
SB 2037 - Oppose - Relating to the regulation of platting and subdivisions of land by a municipality or county. (20-11)
SB 2453 - Neutral - Relating to certain regulations adopted by governmental entities for the building products, materials, or methods used in the construction of residential or commercial buildings. (17-14)
SET FOR SENATE INTENT CALENDAR
SB 369 by Campbell - Oppose - Relating to disannexation of certain areas that do not receive full municipal services.
SB 1860 by Hughes - Oppose - Relating to the adoption of a climate policy in a municipal charter.
- Texas Legislature online - https://capitol.texas.gov/ (Has all links)
- Bill Lookup by number- https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/BillNumber.aspx
- House Committees with links to member information - https://capitol.texas.gov/Committees/CommitteesMbrs.aspx?Chamber=H
- Senate Committees with links to member information – https://capitol.texas.gov/Committees/CommitteesMbrs.aspx?Chamber=S
- Committee meeting calendars and agendas - https://capitol.texas.gov/MnuCommittees.aspx
- House and Senate calendars - https://capitol.texas.gov/MnuCalendars.aspx
- Click here to find your legislator's contact information!